Social Icons

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Nvidia you did it again!

Soooooo I finally got my hands on the Nvidia Shield (Android TV).  I picked the 16gig version over the 250 Pro resolving myself just to expand the memory with a micro-sd which is located on the back of the console if the time ever comes that I need extra space.

I got the Shield for $149.99 (Retail $199.99) with free remote included during a Black Friday sale, which is an absolute steal for this piece of hardware.

So first impression is that this thing looks amazing, it is rectangular with triangular insets which give it a very modern sharp look, it is remarkably thin (1 inch) and light (23 ounces)you almost can't believe that there is anything powerful enough inside this little box to run my games, videos potentially in 4k resolution.

I loaded this up with Netflix, Kodi, and Plex for my media needs.  I have not had any issues with any of these so far, looks beautiful on my television.  My game streaming has been great, been playing Witcher 2 through the Grid service and I hardly have a problem with stuttering, lag, etc.  This is pretty good considering its over my Wifi, with about 20 Mbps.

In the ever growing market over Android gaming devices this has to be the winner for 2015.  

In my other thoughts I cant help but think about the AlienWare Steam Machine, with the cheapest of these coming in at $449 and topping out at $749.  Between the two, The Shield is still the winner just for price point and capability, I cant help but think that you are paying for that little Alienware sticker.  I mean sure the Steam Machine is probably a beast but damn dat price though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates