Social Icons

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets

Monday, March 24, 2014

Plex Media Server-Why haven't you done this yet?

Okay, so if you do not know what Plex Media Server is, unplug your internet, throw your computer out in the yard, become Amish and leave my presence. Well you can do that, but not in that order finish reading my post then give me a +1 and then do that stuff, lol.  Alright seriousness now!

Plex basically allows you to put all your media onto your computer and access it whenever and wherever you are like in apps web access etc.

HIDE/SHOW

Above shows one of the menus from where you access your TV shows, movies, music, pictures etc!  This has been one of the most flawless media servers I have had the pleasure of dealing with.  I have synced my iTunes with this app, home pictures and movies.  

If you pair this software up with lets say a ROKU HD...mind blown.  Also the control that I get through my phone is amazing, below is a screenshot of my menu from my Samsung G3.  the on the fly transcoding Plex is capable of is nothing less than blissful.  


Guys and gals if you are looking for a media server that will make all your streaming media dreams come true, this is it...I have not even mentioned the best part... ITS FREE!!  For months I used this service without paying a single red cent, I have spent a grand total of $4.99 for the App from the Play store after I decided I just loved it.  You can decide to subscribe for a monthly or yearly fee ($74.99 for lifetime).  This will get you access to new features and other completely awesome parts of Plex.  You can also share your library with other Plex users, by the way shoot me an email if you wanna become a Plex Buddy with me!  This is just hands down a must have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates