Social Icons

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets

Friday, January 9, 2015

Nvidia I'm Sorry, you're awesome, I'm a twat

So a few months ago, I wrote a blog post that was quite possibly the best hatchet job with the least amount of information available about the Nvidia Shield Portable.  At the time of the posting I had a friend who had actually held one of these contraptions, and he repeatedly told me "John, if you had one you would love it." With denial seething through me, this pretty much sums up what I had said about it.

"The initial price on this contraption was $299, If you show me someone that paid this, I would slap them, price cut down to $249, you bought this, I would cuss you in the street, now it is down to $199 you bought this I would awkwardly avoid your phone calls.  This is just not worth it! (Original price before release was $349) ."

I am happy to say that after above mentioned friend gifted this item to me very generously at Christmas, either out of a deep caring and mutually felt internal bromance, or that once he had it in my hands he knew that I would have to first eat fucking massive amounts of crow, then slap myself, then cuss my self, and awkwardly avoid phone calls from myself.  He also kindly reminded me to update my blog about the Nvidia Shield, savoring the moments for when I hit publish.
HIDE/SHOW

I really don't know where to start, "Grid" gaming comes on the Shield this is like the Netflix of PC games, Borderlands 2, Batman, and about 30 other games are available to play from the Grid service, right now this is free, but in June 2015 Nvidia will start charging for the service, interested to see the price point on this.  While streaming from the Grid I have noticed almost no delay, or stuttering in game play, and what I did experience was most likely due to my WiFi signal strength.

Streaming from my PC while took some troubleshooting and downloading the BETA of the Grid app, is absolutely amazing, I am playing Shadows of Mordor on the couch.  I no longer have to lock myself in the back room strapped to my computer desk, it is just bad ass.  I keep looking through my game collection to see what to load up on my comp, so i can play them again.

When I get home this thing doesn't leave my side, maybe it was the price point I was hating on, or some hate that I have developed for Micro-Android consoles.  The Nvidia Shield Portable, is powerful, accessible, and an absolute pleasure to play. In closing this is a really cool device, and I feel is a must have for pc gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates